LONG BEACH, Calif. – May 28, 2013 – Epson, the number-one selling projector brand worldwide1, today introduced the ultimate projection solution for a wide range of venues – the PowerLite® 4000-Series installation projectors. Whether for a conference room, school auditorium, house of worship, sports bar, or home theater, the PowerLite 4650, 4750W and 4855WU projectors deliver industry-leading color brightness and vivid images in full HD resolution2. With advanced features including Faroudja DCDi® video processing, a centered lens design, up to two times optical zoom, and lens shift for flexible installation, the PowerLite 4000-Series are a robust and powerful solution for any meeting space.
“The Epson PowerLite 4000-Series projectors provide leading edge performance with brilliant color, bright image quality and DCDi video processing to ensure images look their best,” said Phong Phanel, product marketing manager, Corporate & Higher Education Projectors, Epson America, Inc. “Whether in the boardroom or living room, these multimedia projectors display bright, vivid images with flexible installation options for an easy fit into nearly any environment.”
More about the PowerLite 4000-Series
The PowerLite 4000-Series offer advanced features that give them the versatility to be installed in any room, including:
- Clear, Crisp Resolution: XGA, WXGA, WUXGA for high image quality
- Lens shift: Align images easily with horizontal and vertical lens shift
- Digital Connectivity: Easily integrate into any system with HDMI and Display Port
- Split Screen: Display two images side-by-side and with three layout options; video and presentation materials run simultaneously for added convenience; supports two digital inputs
- Faroudja DCDi: Video processing technology enhances video quality with deinterlacing, noise reduction and improved sharpness
- DICOM Simulation Mode4: Specialized imaging uses standardized grayscale to reproduce medical images, such as x-rays, for medical training and education
- Networking Tools: Epson Easy Management® allows for content delivery over network, network monitoring, maintenance scheduling, and email alerts to be sent via LAN
- iProjection: Leveraging the Epson iProjection™ app, presenters can project from most iOS Apple devices running iOS 4.2 or later and most Android devices running Android 2.3 or later
- 3LCD Technology: Features the latest, 3LCD, 3-chip technology to deliver amazing, true-to-life color and detail for powerful presentations; 3LCD technology provides an energy efficient light engine which efficiently uses available lamp light to create stunning images; in contrast to 1-chip DLP technology, 3LCD requires, on average, 25 percent less electricity per lumen of brightness5
Epson’s Brighter Futures® sales and support education initiative is designed to help educators select and implement the best products for their classrooms while making the most of their budgets. Brighter Futures offers special pricing, extended Epson limited warranty coverage for three years, dedicated education account managers, and toll-free technical support for all Epson projectors.
Color Brightness Specification and Projector Performance
The new color brightness specification (measuring red, green and blue) published by theSociety of Information Display (SID) allows consumers to compare projector color performance without conducting a side-by-side shootout. With today’s high definition content, presenters can display content with higher quality in brighter environments. For a truly impressive image, projectors need to offer both high color brightness and high white brightness. High color brightness is important for larger screen sizes and provides flexibility for a variety of screen materials. Without sufficient color brightness, images may be muddy, soft and lose detail, even in a dark room.