LONG BEACH, Calif. – Aug. 27, 2013 – Epson America, Inc. today expanded its award-winning lineup of home entertainment projectors with the addition of the Epson® PowerLite® Home Cinema 2030, delivering full 1080p cinematic performance in both high quality 2D and thrilling 3D straight to the comforts of a living room at a great overall value. The Home Cinema 2030 offers families and home theater enthusiasts an amazing, larger-than-life HD experience with bright and vibrant image quality virtually anywhere, plus a new MHL-enabled HDMI port1 that transforms the projector into a smart display with the use of MHL-supported devices, including a range of Android™ phones and tablets, and the Roku® Streaming Stick.
“We are very excited to release Epson’s most compact 1080p projector under $1,000, offering customers not only impressive image quality in both 2D and 3D but at a great price,” said Jason Palmer, marketing manager, Epson America. “This is Epson’s first-ever MHL-enabled home cinema projector, giving users the ability to instantly access their favorite HD content from an MHL-supported device – you can easily stream Netflix from a Roku stick and watch the latest blockbuster movie on the big screen for the ultimate entertainment at home on the big screen.”
The newly designed Home Cinema 2030 is compact and sleek and comes equipped with an MHL-enabled HDMI port providing instant access to the latest movies, TV shows, live sporting events, and videogames from MHL-supported devices1. In addition, the projector features built-in sound with the capability to add speakers, enabling users to enhance any movie experience.
Brilliant image quality requires high color brightness (color light output), and Epson projectors have up to 3x Brighter Colors than leading competitive projectors2. Delivering 2,000 lumens of color brightness and 2,000 lumens of white brightness3, the Home Cinema 2030 uses 3LCD, 3-chip technology for brilliant images with true-to-life color. The projector features six pre-set color modes, allowing users to play their favorite video games or watch their favorite TV programs just about anywhere – whether you are playing video games in the man cave or watching TV in a well-lit room.
More about the Home Cinema 2030
The Home Cinema 2030 is housed in a white, compact design and offers several features designed to meet a range of home entertainment needs, including:
- 3LCD Quality and Reliability: 3LCD, 3-chip technology delivers incredible color, amazing detail and road-test reliability with no possibility of color break-up or “rainbow effect”
- Bright 3D Drive Technology: Minimizes the blackout time of 3D glasses and provides greater brightness of 3D images
- MHL Supported: Supports Full HD 1080p video and 7.1 audio and enables users to simultaneously charge their MHL-enabled device when it’s plugged into the projector and use the projector remote to control MHL-enabled devices1
- Built-in Color Modes: Features six color modes optimized for different content and settings to get best possible quality and color
- Built-in Sound: Internal speaker allows for quick easy set-up virtually anywhere and audio out allows for easy connection of larger sound when needed
- Easy Setup and Installation:1.2x optical zoom for positioning flexibility, automatic vertical keystone (+/- 30 degrees) correction and easy-slide horizontal correction
- Versatile Connectivity: Two HDMI inputs (one MHL-enabled), Component Video, USB Type A digital connection, and USB 2.0 to share photos and slideshows
- Rechargeable RF Glasses: Watch up to 40 hours of exciting 3D content, or up to three hours with a three-minute quick charge,4 with glasses sold separately