The Crestron® HD-MD6X2-4K-E is a simple to use, ultra high-definition signal switcher with six HDMI® inputs and two HDMI outputs. It handles full HD 1080p, Ultra HD, 2K and 4K video signals with support for HDCP, 3D, Deep Color and high-bitrate 7.1 audio. Operation is enabled using the front panel controls, a Web browser or a Crestron control system. Simplified setup is facilitated through the front panel OLED display or a Web browser.
4K ultra HD
Support for 4K video is essential to ensuring support for the latest generation of UHD and 4K DCI displays and sources, as well as computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
QuickSwitch HD technology
Handling digital media signals means handling HDCP (High-bandwidth Digital Content Protection), the encryption scheme used by content providers to protect their DVDs, Blu-ray discs and broadcast signals against unauthorized copying. Viewing HDCP encrypted content requires a source device to authenticate each display and signal processor in the system and issue it a key before delivering an output signal. Crestron QuickSwitch HD manages these keys to ensure fast, reliable switching and immunity to blackouts.
EDID format management
To ensure that every source gets displayed at its optimal resolution and format, the HD-MD6X2-4K-E provides comprehensive management of the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) information that passes between the display and source devices. Most applications require no changes to the default settings. For applications requiring custom configuration, the HD-MD6X2-4K-E allows for easy assessment of each devices format and resolution capabilities, with the ability to configure signals appropriately for the most desirable and predictable behavior.
The HD-MD6X2-4K-E can be placed on a shelf, or mounted in a 19" EIA equipment rack using the rack ears provided. When rack-mounted, it occupies a single rack space. The front panel label strips can be customized using Crestron Engraver software or standard 3/8" tape labels, allowing for the clear designation of each input and output. Inputs and outputs may also be designated by name to appear on the OLED display.
- 6 x 2 ultra high-definition 4K/60 digital AV switcher
- For standalone use, or as part of a fully integrated Crestron® system
- Fully operable using front panel controls, a Web browser, or a Crestron control system
- Simplified setup through the front panel OLED display or Web browser
- Six HDMI® inputs and two independent HDMI outputs
- DVI and DisplayPort Multimode compatible
- QuickSwitch HD® technology manages HDCP keys for fast, reliable switching
- Comprehensive built-in EDID configuration tools
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD® and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- High-speed Ethernet LAN connection
- Single-space 19" rack-mountable design
- Universal 100 to 240V external power pack included