The Crestron® AV3is an enterprise-class control system with an enhanced feature set including built-in control card expansion slots and a dedicated Control Subnet port. Featuring the 3-Series®control engine, the AV3 forms the core of any modern networked home or commercial building, managing and integrating all the disparate technologies throughout your facility to make life easier, greener, more productive, and more enjoyable.
Today's commercial buildings and custom homes comprise more technology than ever before, and all these systems need to be networked, managed, and controlled in fundamentally new ways. The IP based 3-Series platform is engineered from the ground up to deliver a network-grade server appliance capable of faithfully handling everything from boardroom AV and home theatre control to total building management.
3-Seriesembodiesa distinctively robust, dynamic, and secure platform to elevate your system designs to higher levels of performance and reliability. Compared to other control systems, Crestron 3-Series provides a pronounced increase in processing power and speed with more memory, rock solid networking and IP control, and a unique modular programming architecture.
Modular Programming Architecture
Designed for enhanced scalability, the AV3 affords high-speed, real-time multi-tasking to seamlessly run multiple programs simultaneously. This exclusive modular programming architecture lets programmers independently develop and run device-specific programs for AV, lighting, shades, HVAC, security, etc., allowing for the optimization of each program, and allowing changes to be made to one program without affecting the whole. Even as your system grows, processing resources can easily be shifted from one 3-Series processor to another without rewriting any code. The end benefit is dramatically simplified upgradability with minimal downtime, whether implementing changes on site or remotely via the network.
Robust Ethernet and IP Control
IP technology is the heart of 3-Series, so it should be no surprise that its networking abilities are second to none. Gigabit Ethernet connectivity enables integration with IP-controllable devices and allows the AV3 to be part of a larger managed control network. Whether residing on a sensitive corporate LAN, a home network.
- Enterprise-class control system
- 3-Series®Control Engine-substantially faster and more powerful than other control systems
- Exclusive modular programming architecture
- Onboard 1GB RAM and 4GB Flash memory
- Expandable storage up to 1TB
- Rear panel memory card slot
- High-speed USB 2.0 host port
- Industry-standard Ethernet and Cresnet® wired communications
- Control Subnet - provides a dedicated local network for Crestron® devices
- XPanel with Smart Graphics™ computer and web based control
- iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ control app support
- Crestron Fusion®Cloud Enterprise Management Service support
- SNMP remote management support
- Two RS-232/422/485 COM port swith hardware and software handshaking
- Four RS-232 COM ports with software handshaking only
- Eight IR/serial, eight relay, and eight Versi port I/O ports
- Three built-in 3-Series control card expansion slots (optional)
- Programmable event scheduling with astronomical time clock
- Native BACnet™/IP support 
- IEC 61000-4-5 Installation Class 4 surge immunity on COM, Versiport, and network connections
- Installer setup via Crestron Toolbox™ software or web browser
- C#, symbol based, and drag-and-drop programming environments
- Full Unicode (multi-language) support
- Increased network throughput and security
- Secure access through full user/group management or Active Directory integration
- Hardware level security using 802.1X authentication
- TLS, SSL, SSH, and SFTP network security protocols
- FIPS 140-2 compliant encryption
- IIS v.6.0 Web Server
- IPv6 ready
- Front panel USB computer console port
- 2-space rack-mountable